Anjodi is of classic Dutch design, specifically rebuilt to negotiate the 330-year-old Canal du Midi. She has been completely refurbished in the tasteful tradition of African hardwoods, hand-crafted panelling and shining brass, to create a comfortable and charming ambience reminiscent of a classic yacht.
Aboard the Anjodi, you will cruise the Canal du Midi and skirt the sunbathed shores of the Mediterranean before winding inland through ancient villages and Roman fortifications in the Languedoc wine region.
Particular highlights include the tree lined routes from the lakeside fishing town of Marseillan, home to Noilly Pratt Vermouth, the world’s oldest canal tunnel at Malpas, and Narbonne, where you can enjoy private wine tastings and discover Cathar history before visiting Carcassonne.
The well planned accommodation offers a choice of four air-conditioned twin/double staterooms, each with full en suite facilities. The shaded sun deck is unusually spacious, with a heated sunken spa pool and comfortable sun loungers.
Anjodi has also achieved “film star" status following her many appearances during the television series Rick Stein’s French Odyssey, when she carried the worldrenowned chef, Rick Stein on a 400-mile voyage of culinary discovery through Southern France.
- The barge has four air-conditioned outward facing cabins with en suite bedrooms and opening portholes or windows
- The wonderful sundeck with its heated sunken spa pool is coupled with spacious interiors with central heating
- A comprehensive programme of excursions and visits that are a blend of cultural, historical and general interest, which compliments the time spent drifting lazily along the waterways
- Fabulous cuisine is provided by the barge’s own Master Chef from sumptuous breakfast to a delicious buffet or picnic ending in a four or five course dinner each evening
- Please note that children under the age of 12 years are not accepted unless it is a charter booking or a special family departure
|Cruise Region||Southwest France, the Midi|
|Cruise Route||Canal du Midi|
|Departures||April – October|
|Max Passenger Capacity||8|
|Approx Cabin Size||Staterooms 91-102 ft2|
|TV/DVD Play in Cabin Saloon||–|
|Themed Cruises||Family, Biking, Golf, Culinary, Wine Appreciation|