British Airways has conducted research with its First Class customers to find out what they really want in the amenity kit that they are given onboard.
Kate Thornton, British Airways’ head of product and service, said,
“We know from our research that our customers who travel in First want really useful, good quality toiletries by well known British brands on board. We also know they don’t always want to be carrying lots of little bottles on the flight themselves so the amenity kit is really important. What surprised us was the simplicity of the items they feel are missing from the traditional wash-bag. Deodorant is a good example, as is a decent hairbrush or comb. And a soft bag they can re-use for make-up, toiletries or carrying valuables or medicines. We took that research and have developed our new First in-flight amenity kit based on it, in partnership with Aromatherapy Associates.”
British Airways has created two classic new soft bags featuring its signature ‘To fly. To Serve.’ coat of arms. The kits include a range of specially tailored products for men and women. Designed with the customer in mind, the new collection from Aromatherapy Associates and The Refinery will offer solutions to inflight problems such as jetlag and dehydration and, thanks to that research, the airline is also including additional useful items such as deodorant and hairbrush or comb and a pen.
Aromatherapy Associates First washbag for women:
- Firming Eye Serum (5ml) to plump, firm and add moisture to the eye area
- Triple Rose Renewing Moisturiser (15ml) to provide essential moisture and leave skin delicately scented
- Orange Flower Hand Lotion (15ml) to keep hands nourished and soft
- Hydrating Renewing Rose Cleanser (15ml) to help thoroughly clean and rehydrate the skin.
- The Kit also includes a Deodorant Stick, Lip Balm Stick, Cotton Wool Pad, Toothbrush/Toothpaste and combined Hairbrush and mirror.
The Refinery First Class washbag for men:
- Revitalising Moisturiser (15ml) to firm, hydrate and completely refresh
- Eye Gel (5ml) to cool and restore the delicate eye area
- Shave Gel (30ml), for a soothing and close shave
- This Kit also contains a Lip Balm Stick, Deodorant Stick, Razor, Brush and comb, Toothbrush/Toothpaste and pen.
Geraldine Howard, co-founder & president of Aromatherapy Associates, said,
“We’re thrilled to have worked in partnership with British Airways to design a really fantastic collection of products for their discerning First passengers to enjoy. Not only have we created products that smell wonderful, so are a joy to use, we have focused on delivering an edited range that really delivers results. As a regular air-traveller, I know all too well the perils of being air-born for long periods of time and each of the products is designed to deliver moisture and radiance to the skin, so passengers can land looking and feeling fresh-faced.”