Base yourself at Sydney’s most exclusive harbourside address nestled in the historic Rocks district. Newly transformed, The Langham Sydney is your haven for discovery in the harbour city. Cross the iconic bridge to the Northern Beaches for a surprising coastal bush walk and lunch in a private home. Contrast Sydney’s urban delights with an intimate stay at Capella Lodge on World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island.
- Stay at the luxurious Langham, Sydney’s exclusive harbourside address
- Stay at the Capella Lodge with the only Island accommodation that commands spectacular views of the ocean and awe-inspiring twin peaks, Mounts Gower and Lidgbird.
- Explore the hidden wonders of Sydney’s Northern Beaches with a local expert on a coastal walk
- Savour a feast of local epicurean delights, showcasing indigenous flavours and Australian seafood
- Revel in the natural wonders of heritage listed Lord Howe Island, and the world’s southernmost coral reef
Day 1: Arrive Sydney
Today make your way to Sydney and check into your luxury accommodation. The day is yours to explore the harbour city’s cosmopolitan delights.
Day 2: Sydney
Enjoy a delicious breakfast before a day of exploring off the beaten track. Stretch your legs on one of Sydney’s most stunning coastal bushwalks and be hosted to a truly local Sydney experience. Venture north over the Sydney Harbour Bridge to the scenic Northern Beaches, arriving at a quiet harbourside beach. Meander through various micro climates, learning about the flora and fauna of the region from your expert guide Jamie, a born-and-bred Sydney local who has 26 years in the Australian flower industry. Visit a 5,000 year old Aboriginal historic site and learn about the indigenous clans and custodians of this significance place, continuing uphill to breathtaking views over Sydney Heads to the Tasman Sea. Journey downhill to Reef Beach, indulging in a refreshing swim before enjoying genuine hospitality with a relaxed lunch showcasing indigenous flavours, and local seafood, accompanied with premium Australian wines.
After lunch, take a short drive to North Head for your second walk of the day. Enjoy spectacular views from some of Sydney’s highest sandstone cliffs at the entrance to Sydney Harbour, and learn the area’s Aboriginal and colonial history. This short walk is bursting with spectacular beach and cliff views from various vantage points. Explore the hidden idyll of Shelley Beach, before a last coastal walk across famed Manly Beach as the sun gets low in the sky. Return to the city for an evening at leisure.
The Langham | BL
Day 3: Lord Howe Island
Wake and savour a delicious breakfast before flying to the idyllic paradise of heritage-listed Lord Howe Island. The day is yours to explore the island at your leisure.
Capella Lodge | BD
Day 4 & 5: Lord Howe Island
Spend the next two days immersed in the breathtaking landscapes that surround you. Rare birds, plants, geology and marine life are abundant; explore the most remote rocky coves, spend a day walking to the summit of Mt Gower or simply unwind on one of the island’s many pristine beaches.
A golfer’s paradise, you might play 9 holes on the most picturesque course in Australia. Explore a little deeper, heading down to Lovers Bay to discover the lagoon, snorkel and mask in-hand, and experience first-hand the wonders of the world’s southern-most coral reef. You can cruise by boat to picturesque North Bay, circumnavigate the island or journey to Balls Pyramid. If you’re looking to learn more about this unique island, visit the Lord Howe Island museum for a deep-dive into the island’s captivating history.
Capella Lodge | BD
Day 6: Depart Lord Howe Island
Farewell this otherworldly paradise today, transferring to the airport for your onward flight.
*Flights not included*.
Departures & Rates
Abercrombie & Kent Tour
Sydney & Lord Howe Island
6 Day Tour
Price from $4,972 per person
Stay at the luxurious Langham, Sydney’s exclusive harbourside address
Stay at the Capella Lodge with the only Island accommodation that commands spectacular views of the ocean and awe-inspiring twin peaks, Mounts Gower and Lidgbird.
Explore the hidden wonders of Sydney’s Northern Beaches with a local expert on a coastal walk
Savour a feast of local epicurean delights, showcasing indigenous flavours and Australian seafood
Revel in the natural wonders of heritage listed Lord Howe Island, and the world’s southernmost coral reef
*Flights not included*.
The Langham Hotel Sydney
The Langham Hotel Sydney has won almost every prestigious domestic and international award, is a superb urban retreat known for its tranquil, boutique atmosphere, yet offers easy access to Sydney Harbour Bridge and big city action. A ‘Leading Hotel of the World’ it offers guests the highest standards in accommodation, cuisine and personal service.
Spacious, elegant and beautifully appointed, the 100 rooms and suites at The Langham Hotel are welcoming and luxurious. All are individually decorated, to create the comfortable, cosy atmosphere of a ‘home away from home’. Elegantly appointed with mahogany custom-made furniture, each room features King or Twin beds and is decorated with the utmost attention to detail.
Why we like it
- The Langham Hotel Sydney is located near Sydney’s historic Rocks district and is an ideal base from which to explore Australia’s most vibrant city
- The award-winning Galilea restaurant serves exceptional Franco-Japanese cuisine
- The Day Spa offers ultimate pampering experience
- The hotel has a beautiful indoor swimming pool
- Other facilities include bars and lounges, a tennis court and gym
Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island
Resting above the jewel-toned lagoon, Capella Lodge is the only Island accommodation that commands spectacular views of the ocean and awe-inspiring twin peaks, Mounts Gower and Lidgbird.
Just nine contemporary suites complement the island’s pristine natural environment and provide a luxurious, serene refuge. Spacious, light filled interiors feature timber floors, marine ply joinery and custom furniture pieces that create a sophisticated beach house ambience. All suites feature king beds with superior cotton linens, Bose music system, TV, DVD, telephone and wireless internet. An in-suite bar offers locally-sourced epicurean treats.
Reflecting the sheer rise of the mountainous cliffs beyond, basalt stone features in striking en suite bathrooms where an oversized rain shower and island-inspired Capella Spa toiletries invite guests to relax and revitalise. Slick slab vanities contrast the organic feel of handcrafted ceramic and resin bathware.
Why we like it
- All rooms and suites have superb, private outdoor spaces
- Capella Lodge is set on World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island – a pristine hideaway where dramatic volcanic peaks rise above the world’s southernmost coral reef
- Capella Lodge holds a far-reaching reputation as Lord Howe’s finest dining destination, offering contemporary Pacific-themed menus
- The Capella Spa invites guests to indulge in a Dreamtime-inspired treatment
- A wet edge pool and lounging area is located on Gower’s Terrace – the place to go to watch the sun sink over the South Pacific