Flights Over Antarctica – The World’s Most Unique Scenic Flight
Welcome to Antarctica – the world’s last great wilderness. For over 26 years, the privately chartered flights have led the way in providing close-up encounters with the white continent.
For the first time ever, enjoy unparalleled views of the icy landscape aboard the ultra-modern 787 Dreamliner.
Become one of the few to witness the desolate beauty of this untamed polar landscape!
- Privately chartered aircraft with 4 hours of scenic flying over the white continent.
- With 19 different routes, no two flights are ever the same.
- Optimal views to the vast white wilderness thanks to windows 65% larger than any other vessel of its size.
- Its lower cabin altitude mitigates the discomfort passengers may sometimes experience during and after a long flight.
- Flight from Australia ranges between 9,500 – 10,500 kms round trip (approximately 12.5 hours) depending on your departure city.
- Expert Antarctic expeditioners are onboard to talk on the polar environment and its history while video screenings depict life on the ground.
31 Dec 2021 | New Year’s Eve (Night flight taking advantage of midnight sun)
13 Feb 2022 | Check in: 7:15am & Depart: 8:00am | Return: 9:00pm
05 Dec 2021
06 Feb 2022
28 Nov 2021
14 Nov 2021 | Check in: 7:15am & Depart: 8:00am | Return: 9:00pm
21 Nov 2021 |Check in: 7:15am & Depart: 8:00am | Return: 9:00pm
30 Jan 2022
Your Antarctica flight will depart and return to the Qantas Domestic Terminal at Sydney/Melbourne/Perth/Brisbane/Adelaide Airport. Check in is at least 45 minutes prior to the departure of your flight.
Whilst we will be over the Antarctica Treaty area for around 4 hours, approximately 3 – 4 hours will be spent flying over the Antarctic continent.
In planning our route, considerable time is taken to select the most spectacular area of Antarctica within aircrafts range. The selected area will be chosen from 19 different flight plans,taking into account:
- Maximum viewing potential from both sides of the aircraft
- Maximum penetration over Antarctica
- Maximum variety in land mass scenery, including high mountains, glaciers, ice plateau and coastline
- The best possibility for viewing should weather conditions be adverse
Departures & Rates
Business Class Deluxe $7995
Admire aerial views of Antarctica in utmost comfort in Business Deluxe seats with full international business class service. All seats are either a window or aisle seat, and passengers will swap at the halfway point of the journey, which means everyone will have unobstructed views of Antarctica. With ample space between each seat, enjoy the room to spread out.
Business Class $6495
Business seats are set at the leading edge of the plane’s wing, which means there will be a slight viewing obstruction. With full international business class service, all seats are either a window or aisle seat. Passengers will swap at the halfway point of the journey. With ample space between each seat, enjoy the room to spread out.
Premium Economy Class $3999
Qantas’ International Premium seats, with larger seats and seat pitch than Economy Class seats. Seats are located over the wing, which can obstruct viewing. Each passenger will have a window seat or the seat next to a window seat for half of the flight and an aisle seat or adjacent for the other half of the flight.
Other Classes may be available on request
Full Bar Service – Champagne, wine, beer, spirits and soft drink.
Meal service – 2 Qantas meals plus snacks to keep you fueled for the day!
*Rates are subject to availability and seasonality and may change without notice. Rates are based on two adults sharing. For solo travellers or single person occupancy rates or further information on terms and conditions, please contact our Travel Specialists at time of booking.