The ultimate Kimberley heli-hiking adventure, this 6-day private journey showcases El Questro’s gorges and waterfalls, and the mighty Mitchell Falls by air and on foot.
Image Credit: Walk into Luxury
- 4 nights exclusive Luxury Lodge accommodation at El Questro Homestead in a Homestead Room (upgrades available)
- 1 night at Freshwater East Kimberley Apartments in Kununurra in a deluxe one bedroom apartment
- Kimberley scenic flight from Kununurra to Mitchell Plateau taking in King George Falls and Berkeley River
- Heli-hiking experiences at El Questro and Mitchell Falls
- Cockburn Ranges by helicopter with sunset drinks on top of the ranges
- Opportunity to view rock art and swim at Mitchell Falls
- Daily activities, guided gorge walks, and boating excursions at El Questro
- All ground transfers and airport pick-ups/drop-offs
- All food, wine, beer and spirits, except as noted when overnighting in Kununurra
Welcome to the remote East Kimberley region of Western Australia. You’ll be collected on arrival into Kununurra and transferred to the modern Freshwater East Kimberley Apartments for a relaxed afternoon best spent by the beautiful lagoon pool. Settle in and get an early night ready for your Kimberley adventure to begin early tomorrow.
And so it begins. You’ll be collected early for your scenic air tour of the East Kimberley taking in King George Falls, Berkeley River and more as you make your way to the Mitchell Plateau. After landing, your heli-hiking adventure begins with a short heli-transfer to the start of your walk into the Mitchell Falls. On your 4.5 kilometre walk you’ll take in Aboriginal rock art sites, and you’ll arrive in time for a swim and picnic lunch above the falls. The return flight to Kununurra is just as scenic this afternoon, this time taking in the beautiful Cockburn Ranges. From Kununurra you’ll be transferred by road to El Questro Homestead crossing the Pentecost River on the way and arriving in time for pre-dinner drinks.
Included: L – D
After breakfast overlooking the Chamberlain Gorge, join a guided hike to one of the Kimberley’s most beautiful waterfalls at El Questro Gorge. Walk along the creek bed under a rainforest canopy before climbing the boulders along the gorge walls arriving at a turquoise oasis with trickling falls at the end. After lunch back at the Homestead we recommend a visit to Zebedee Springs this afternoon where Homestead guests have exclusive use of the warm thermal springs. Sunset drinks and dinner follow back at the Homestead tonight.
Included: B – L – D
This morning you’re off on another heli-hiking adventure, this time to Champagne Springs. Join your guide on a walk through a lush hidden valley climbing to the top of a cascading waterfall to enjoy a dip at aptly named Champagne Springs. Your helicopter will meet you here for your chopper ride over the Pentecost and Chamberlain rivers landing back at El Questro Homestead in time for lunch. Relax this afternoon before a sunset safari to Buddy’s Point lookout for sundowners and canapes, with another sensational Homestead dinner to follow.
Included: B – L – D
Today is another opportunity to hike one of the breathtaking gorges with your El Questro guide. We recommend Emma Gorge as a great morning gorge walk and swim option. After lunch back at the Homestead and some time by the pool, it’s time for your helicopter excursion to the Cockburn Ranges. After taking in the views of the magnificent views of the Chamberlain River, gorges and ranges from the air, you’ll land on top of the Cockburn Ranges for a glass of bubbles as the sunsets over the Kimberley landscape. Tonight enjoy one last Homestead dinner, perhaps opting for a private dinner under the stars on the clifftop to toast your Kimberley adventure.
Included: B – L – D
Watch the sunrise over El Questro and Chamberlain River one last time this morning. After breakfast there’s time to enjoy boating down the Chamberlain River using El Questro’s self-drive boats, before your transfer to Kununurra airport late this morning.
Departures & Rates
6 Day El Questro & Kimberley Gorges & Waterfalls by Helicopter
Walk into Luxury
Duration: 6 Days Location: Western Australia
from $8,650 per person for Two Adults
- Open Now for 2022 Bookings.
- Season & Departure Dates: April to October (suits Wednesday or Friday start).
- Note: Variation to Mitchell Falls experience may be required in shoulder months depending on flight schedules. Bungle Bungles can be substituted.
El Questro Homestead
Freshwater East Kimberley Apartments
Deluxe One Bedroom Apartment