Stay at Taronga Zoo’s newest luxury accommodation – Wildlife Retreat at Taronga. A fantastic celebration for post lockdown, something to look forward to in 2022.
This elegant Australian eco‐retreat is nestled within Taronga Zoo, overlooking magnificent Sydney Harbour. A place that embodies the commitment to securing a shared future for wildlife and people.
Wake up to the rustling of a bandicoot. Revel in the natural beauty of the bushland. Step into a lush sanctuary where koalas and
echidnas roam, and platypus swim. Then taste culinary delights that are rich with fresh and native ingredients, before finally resting
your head in a thoughtfully curated designer room. Join a guided tour with our passionate keepers. Immerse yourself in their stories
and learn from their expertise. Here you’ll encounter a close and emotional connection with the animals. And join the cause to
defend their place in the world. But above all, expect to leave inspired. Having found your place in a bigger purpose. And knowing
that your stay has made a meaningful difference to wildlife.
Offers & Booking
Ultimate Retreat Package
Prices are per room, per night, for 2 adults sharing:
Bushland View Room from $663
Animal View Room from $707
Harbour View Room from $774
Treetop Suite from from $1,111
Low Season rates applicable from 1 May to 15 September 2022
Please ask us for extra person rates and single supplement rates.
Nightly 3 course dinner at Hatted Me-Gal restaurant with gorgeous views of Sydney Harbour
Enjoy sanctuary access - a guided walk through the central wildlife habitat to meet the local residents of the wild including koalas, echidnas, pademelons, wallabies and bettongs
Hot & Cold table service breakfast daily
Complimentary access to Taronga Zoo Sydney
Complimentary parking within Taronga's multi-storey carpark
Terms and conditions
- Shoulder Season + $50 per night. 3 October to 16 December 2021, 9 October to 8 December 2022, 31 January to 31 March 2022, 6 February to 31 March 2023
- High Season + $200 per night. 17 September to 2 October 2021, 1 April to 23 April 2022, 16 September to 8 October 2022
- Peak Season + $332 per night. 17 December 2021 - 30 January 2022, 9 December 2022 - 5 February 2023
- Full prepayment is required at the time of booking.
- Cancellation policy: Up to 14 days prior to arrival: full refund. Please note that refunds may take up to 10 business days to process. 14 days or less prior to arrival: no refunds, cancellations or date changes are possible. However, If your booking is affected by COVID border restrictions/closures, guests who have previously booked a stay will be able to reschedule their visit for a later date.
- Package Block Out Dates: December 24, 25, 31 - 2021, January 29 & 30 - 2022, February 4, 5, 6,11 ,12 ,13 ,14, 18, 19, 20 ,25 ,26, 27- 2022, March 4, 5, 6 - 2022, April 15, 16, 17, 18, 24, 25 - 2022, October 2 & 3 - 2022, December 24,25,31 2022, January 1 - 2023.
- Children 10 years & over permitted at this accommodation
Nestled amongst the natural landscape of Taronga Zoo Sydney, thoughtfully curated designer rooms allow you to overlook bushland, come eye-to-eye with animals or gaze across stunning Sydney Harbour.
Wake up to views overlooking iconic Australian bushland, with wild birds scattered amongst native trees and native flora.
Animal View Room
Wake up to views overlooking the Wildlife Retreat’s Sanctuary, a lush habitat where iconic Australian animals roam, climb and perch among the branches right outside your window.
Harbour View Room
Wake up to a golden sunrise extending over Taronga Zoo Sydney and out across the glistening harbour, Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Experience the ultimate in comfort with the Treetop Suites. Our most spacious rooms, each suite features panoramic views and an open-plan ensuite with bathtub.
About Wildlife Retreat at Taronga Zoo
Situated in Northern Sydney and overlooking the spectacular Sydney Harbour, the iconic Taronga Zoo is Australia’s largest zoo. Divided into eight zoogeographic regions, the 28-hectare Zoo is home to over 4,000 animals from 350 species. From the vast savannahs of Northern Kenya, to the luscious rainforests of the Congo, to the endangered species of mainland Asia, to our sunburnt home country Australia, the Zoo showcases and brings the planet’s incredible biodiversity to the heart of Sydney.
Operated by Taronga Conservation Society Australia, the Wildlife Retreat will contribute to the conservation and care of Taronga’s animals through essential and educational programs.
The Wildlife Retreat has been carefully crafted to provide an eco-friendly experience and aims to achieve a 5 star Green Star rating. These efforts are reflected through Taronga’s reduction in carbon footprint through installing rooftop mounted solar photovoltaic systems, cross laminated timber, recycle water, WELS water efficient fittings and LED light fittings.