Sydney’s ‘zoo with a view’ offers overnight accommodation amongst the animals. Spend the night listening to the sounds of the zoo, and admire views of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Stay in a luxurious safari style tent, and enjoy ample opportunities to interact with the animals.
Image credit – Taronga Zoo
- Take in the spectacular sight of the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge in the evening as you enjoy canapés and beverages (a variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee) upon arrival to the harbour-side campsite.
- Get up close to some of Taronga Zoo Sydney's friendliest residents
- Dine in style at our delicious buffet dinner and breakfast
- Experience an exclusive Taronga night safari led by passionate keepers and guides, with the chance to see some of Taronga's favourite animals
- Unwind in our comfortable safari-style tents, falling asleep to the sounds of the Zoo
- Join in feeding time and close encounter sessions where you will form a special bond with our animals
- Enjoy spending the following day exploring the zoo in your own time with complimentary admission included with your booking
- Roar and Snore is an all-weather program – Please bring wet-weather gear if required
- A valid photo identification matching the name on your Roar and Snore reservation is required to check in for the program
- All Roar and Snore bookings are final. Cancellations and date changes are not possible. Payments are non-refundable.
- Roar and Snore is a non-smoking event
- Due to the wide-ranging itinerary and landscape of the Taronga zoo site, all children must be a minimum of 5 years old to attend. You may be requested to provide proof of age if your child does not look to be of age 5
- A variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee at the site and with your meal. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises. Guests must be 18 years or over to be served alcohol and must carry a valid ID
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel Roar and Snore programs at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or insufficient demand
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the property's discretion.
Offers & Booking
Roar and Snore Tent!
Now – 24 September 2020 / 18 April 2021 – 16 September 2021 from: Adults : $305 per person, per night Child : $175 per person, per night Single Occupancy : $660 per night
11 October 2020 – 18 December 2020 / 01 February 2021 – 31 March 2021 / 03 October 2021 – 16 December 2021 / 31 January 2022 – 31 March 2022 from: Adults : $375 per person, per night Child : $245 per person, per night Single Occupancy : $620 per night
25 September 2020 – 10 October 2020 /01 April 2021 – 17 April 2021 / 17 September 2021 – 02 October 2021 from: Adults : $415 per person, per night Child : $245 per person, per night Single Occupancy : $660 per night
19 December 2020 – 31 January 2021 / 17 December 2021 – 30 January 2022 from: Adults : $460 per person, per night Child : $276 per person, per night Single Occupancy : $736 per night
Adults Only Nights
What to bring
- Enclosed shoes – Taronga Zoo’s landscape is varied and your experience will include walking. Heels, sandals and thongs are not recommended
- Wet weather gear – Roar and Snore is an all-weather experience so please come prepared for any inclement weather
- Toiletries – The Roar and Snore campsite has shower and bathroom facilities
Block Out Dates December 24, 25 and 31, 2021 February 14 2022'
*Rates are subject to availability and changes without notice. Rate are based on the lowest available and may differ at time of booking. Other travel dates may be available at an additional cost.
Rates maybe subject to change due to Exchange Rate fluctuations. Use currency converter as a GUIDE ONLY.
For more information and other conditions please confirm with our Travel Specialists at time of booking.
The Roar and Snore Tent
- Take in the spectacular sight of the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge in the evening as you drink and dine at the Roar and Snore harbour-side campsite
- Get up close to some of Taronga Zoo’s friendliest residents
- Dine in style at our delicious buffet dinner and breakfast (a limited amount of alcohol is included)
- Experience an exclusive Taronga Zoo night safari led by passionate keepers and guides
- Unwind in our comfortable safari-style tents, listening to the sounds of Taronga Zoo at night
- Join in feeding time and close encounter sessions where you will form a special bond with the animals of Taronga Zoo
About Taronga Zoo Sydney
Roar and Snore at Taronga Zoo Sydney is an unforgettable overnight experience featuring intimate animal encounters, fascinating keeper talks, delicious food and safari-style accommodation with spectacular views of the Sydney Harbour. A limited amount of alcoholic beverages are included.