Stay 4 nights pay 2
Named after the soaring white sails that crown its roof, this is Ayers Rock Resorts premier hotel.
Offers & Booking
Stay 4 nights and Pay 2 Package
Travel Period: from 01Aug20 to 31Oct20
Rates for 4 nights from $952 per room based on twin share in a Superior Room
- 4 nights’ accommodation at the beautiful Sails in the Desert
- Children 15 years and under stay free using existing bedding
- A free Guest Activities Program including guided garden walk, bush food experience, weaponry talk and Indigenous story telling experience
- Complimentary in-room WiFi
- Free use of Ayers Rock Resort shuttle bus service
- Return Ayers Rock Airport transfers
*Subject to availability and available for travel 01Aug20 to 31Oct20, unless sold out prior. Minimum stay of 4 nights required. Lead in price is per room twin share for 4 nights based on a Superior Room at Sails in the Desert. This price does not include airfares.
Ayers Rock Resort is currently closed due to the impact of COVID-19 and related Northern Territory border and remote community closures. They are currently taking general bookings from 1 August 2020, although this will be reviewed regularly should circumstances change.
Children 15 years and under stay free using existing bedding
A free Guest Activities Program including guided garden walk, bush food experience, weaponry talk and Indigenous story telling experience
Complimentary in-room WiFi
Free use of Ayers Rock Resort shuttle bus service
Return Ayers Rock Airport transfers
Terms and conditions
- Offer valid for travel from 01Aug20 to 31Oct20. Block out periods apply.
- Offer applies to 4 consecutive nights at participating hotels only.
- Minimum stay of 4 nights required.
- Lead in price is per room twin share for 4 nights based on a Superior Room at Sails in the Desert.
- This price does not include airfares.
- *Rates are subject to availability and may change without notice. Rates may differ at time of booking due to seasonality, international exchange rates and availability. For additional room types and further information on terms and conditions, please confirm with our Travel Specialists at time of booking
Choose from comfortable standard rooms with all the luxury extras or the more indulgent spa rooms with an open-air spa on the balcony. Sails in the Desert features 224 standard rooms; 6 deluxe spa rooms; 2 deluxe spa suites; wheelchair accessible rooms available upon request.
224 Standard rooms; 6 deluxe spa rooms; 2 deluxe spa suites; accessible rooms available.
Interconnecting rooms available in some room types. Cots and rollaway, and wheelchair accessible rooms are subject to availability. Please enquire when making your reservation.
Sails in the Desert Ayers Rock Facilities
- Private bathrooms (bath and shower)
- King or queen size beds
- Private balcony or veranda
- ISD/STD phone
- In-house pay movies
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Tea/coffee making facilities
About Sails in the Desert
The Sails in the Desert Resort lies at the gateway to Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park, in Australia’s Northern Territory. Given its remote location, a resort of world class standards is possibly something you might not have expected to find here in the Outback. Ayers Rock Resort is all that and more.
Nestled behind sand dunes, Ayers Rock Resort lies hidden from view to those visiting the National Park. Indeed, everything about the Resort reflects sensitivity to the environment and respect for the area’s traditional Aboriginal owners. Huge sails provide shade, solar panels generate power, native trees flourish throughout – it’s an outstanding architectural achievement.
Sails in the Desert – Resort
Named after the soaring white sails that crown its roof, the Sails in the Desert Ayers Rock is a premier hotel. Exquisitely furnished and designed, interior décor focuses on Aboriginal heritage and culture, with a gallery in the lobby and significant artworks featured throughout the public areas and private rooms.
Slip into comfort and luxury right in the heart of the Central Australian Outback at Sails in the Desert Hotel. Relax in spacious, airy and exquisitely furnished rooms, enjoy a cocktail in the beautiful grounds, or sit back and relax under the magnificent white sails.
Dining & Restaurants
The Centre’s attractions are a feast for all the senses, your taste buds no exception. From gourmet dining under a desert sky to grilling a barramundi steak on a cook-your-own barbeque, you’ll discover that Sails in the Desert has catered to every taste and budget. At Ayers Rock Resort, guests have more than ten dining options to select from, no matter which accommodation you’ve chosen.
The Hotel also features the acclaimed Mulgara Gallery, the lively, brasserie-style Winkiku Restaurant, relaxed cuisine by the pool at Rockpool, and the signature restaurant of Ayers Rock Resort, Kuniya Restaurant.
Ayers Rock Resort’s premier dining venue offers an elegant, fine dining experience in a beautiful setting. Situated at the five-star Sails in the Desert Ayers Rock Hotel, Kuniya incorporates a blend of traditional and contemporary ingredients, letting guests experience the tastes of indigenous foods within a sophisticated and varied menu. The restaurant’s wine list reflects its Australian heritage and the service is both discerning and personalised. Kuniya is open each evening from 6.30pm.
Fly direct to the heart of Australia …
You can fly daily from Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns and Alice Springs direct to Ayers Rock Airport.
Ayers Rock Airport is conveniently located just six kilometres from Ayers Rock Resort (10 minutes’ travel). The airport services both fixed and rotary winged aircraft and receive up to on average 350,000 – 400,000 commercial passengers per year. It’s also a popular stopping off point for private pilots and passengers travelling in their own aircraft.
From Ayers Rock Airport, you can enjoy scenic desert flights over Uluru and Kata Tjuta.
Sails in the Desert Hotel Facilities:
- 5 Swimming Pools
- Dry cleaning
- Internet Access
- Tour Desk
- Postal Service
- Resort Shopping Centre
- Restaurants and Bars
- Red Centre Massage
- 2 Full-Size Tennis Courts
- Fax/Photocopy Service
- Petrol Station
- Visitor Information Centre
- Complimentary Airport Transfers
- Mulgara Art Gallery
- Safety Deposit Facilities
- Ayers Rock Designs, clothing and gift store
- Medical Service
- Car Parking
- Complimentary Resort Shuttle Bus