Sydney’s ‘zoo with a view’ offers overnight accommodation amongst the animals. Spend the night listening to the sounds of the zoo and admire views of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Stay in a luxurious safari-style tent, and enjoy ample opportunities to interact with the animals.
Offers & Booking
Roar and Snore Low Season Package
Prices are per person based on a 1 night stay during 18 April 2021 to 16 September 2021.
Adults from $305
Child from $175
Single Occupancy from $660
Prices vary depending on season.
Shoulder Season: 03 October 2021 – 16 December 2021 / 31 January 2022 – 31 March 2022
High Season: 17 September 2021 – 02 October 2021
Festive Season: 17 December 2021 – 30 January 2022
Prices may vary per night based on season and demand.
- Comfortable safari-style tent accommodation overlooking the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Canapés and beverages (a variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee) upon arrival
- Delicious buffet dinner and breakfast
- Exclusive night safari led by a passionate and knowledgeable keeper
- Feeding time and close encounter sessions to interact and bond with the animals
- Complimentary admission to the zoo on the following day
- Wildlife Retreat Package
- Enjoy sanctuary access - a guided walk through the central wildlife habitat to meet the local residents of the wild including koalas, echidnas, pademelons, wallabies and bettongs
- 3 course dinner at Me-Gal restaurant with gorgeous views of Sydney Harbour
- Hot & Cold table service breakfast
- Complimentary access to Taronga Zoo Sydney
- Complimentary parking within Taronga's multi-storey carpark
Terms and conditions
- A valid photo identification matching the name on your Roar and Snore reservation is required to check in for the program.
- All Roar and Snore bookings are final. Cancellations and date changes are not possible. Payments are non-refundable.
- Due to the wide-ranging itinerary and landscape of the Taronga zoo site, all children must be a minimum of 5 years old to attend.
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel Roar and Snore programs at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or insufficient demand.
- Black out dates are December 24, 25 and 31, 2021 and February 14 2022.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the property's discretion.
*Rates are subject to availability and may change without notice. Rates are based on the lowest available and may differ at time of booking. For additional room types and further information on terms and conditions, please confirm with our Travel Specialists at time of booking.
The Roar and Snore Tent
Unwind after a day of animal encounters, fascinating keeper talks, exploring and night safaris in a comfortable safari – style tent overlooking the spectacular Sydney Harbour, including the iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Drink and dine at the Taronga harbour – side campsite before falling asleep listening to the sounds of the Zoo. Camp in safari tents in the heart of Australia’s most famous Zoo, and wake to spectacular views of the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.
About Roar and Snore at Taronga Zoo Sydney
Situated in Northern Sydney and overlooking the spectacular Sydney Harbour, the iconic Taronga Zoo is Australia’s largest zoo. Divided into eight zoogeographic regions, the 28-hectare Zoo is home to over 4,000 animals from 350 species. From the vast savannahs of Northern Kenya, to the luscious rainforests of the Congo, to the endangered species of mainland Asia, to our sunburnt home country Australia, the Zoo showcases and brings the planet’s incredible biodiversity to the heart of Sydney.
There are plenty of fun activities on offer, making Taronga Zoo the ultimate destination for a fun day out. Why not challenge yourself to an exhilarating high ropes course consisting of flying foxes, suspension bridges, and climbing walls that stretch out alongside the epic Sydney Harbour? Or rest your feet and view the Zoo from a different angle in a Cable Car? Or meet the adorable new arrivals including Bolivian Squirrel Monkey babies, a Fur Seal pup, Koala, and Tree Kangaroo Joey.
Can’t get enough of the Zoo? Continue your safari adventure well into the night with the Roar and Snore package where you’ll experience the animals’ feedings, night safaris, and fascinating keeper talks, allowing you to get up close and personal to the animals.