A boutique, sustainably focused lodge situated 150 km’s North West of Cairns on a heritage estate dominated by Mount Mulligan. Rising above the outback plains of a working cattle station, the lodge overlooks a sparkling weir, with all-inclusive luxury accommodation and hospitality.
Offers & Booking
Stay 5 & Pay 4 Offer
Prices are per room based on 2 adults sharing for 5 nights
Outback Tent from $4,800
Outback Retreat from $6,400
Outback Room from $7,000
Outback Suite from $10,000
Outback Pavillion from $14,800
Prices may vary based on season and demand.
- Stay 5 & Pay 4 Offer.
- Daily rustic but refined meals.
- A selection of quality wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks.
- A daily outback experience including ATV adventure, sunset drinks, tour of historic Mount Mulligan township and coal mine or 4WD safari to Tyrconnell Gold Mine.
- Unlimited use of paddle boards, kayaks, sky-gazing telescope, electric buggy and light fishing gear.
Terms and conditions
- For all bookings with travel dates from 27th April to 25th June 2021 and 4th October to 10th December 2021 inclusive.
- Five night minimum stay applies.
- Maximum one free night, per booking.
- Additional nights can be added to the Pay 4, Stay 5 offer at the nightly accommodation rates (NRM).
- Not available to group bookings including weddings, MICE or exclusive-use.
- Prices are quoted in Australian Dollars (AUD) and inclusive of 10% GST.
- Cancellation policy is per Mt Mulligan's cancellation policy.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the property's discretion.
*Rates are subject to availability and may change without notice. Rates are based on the lowest available and may differ at time of booking. For additional room types and further information on terms and conditions, please confirm with our Travel Specialists at time of booking.
The lodge accommodates just 16 guests in spacious guest retreats that complement the landscape and offer a luxurious and charming take on pastoral living. Each retreat is a sanctuary overlooking a eucalyptus-fringed weir and views of the ever-changing moods of Mount Mulligan.
The spacious retreats are contemporary and luxurious; yet retain a raw external charm with their spotted gum timber cladding, pitched roofs and deep verandahs. Inside, the earthy-tones of the plush linen, sisal rugs and lavish leather furniture give a rich sense of place, mirroring the hues found in the landscape outside. With its dark grey stone tiles and bronze fittings, the ensuite bathroom is both luxurious and calming. Slide open the glass and timber doors onto your private deck to run a deep outdoor bath, offering uninterrupted views of the Northern Queensland outback.
The spacious retreats are made for flexibility: the Outback Room is perfect for those travelling individually or as a duo, while the Outback Suite, with its adjoining lounge room, is ideal for those looking for additional space to unwind. The lounge is spacious, with a cosy wood-burning fire and private deck. The Outback Pavilion is the ultimate getaway for families and groups, with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a communal lounge. One of the pavilions is wheelchair accessible and guests are assigned their own electric buggy to explore the sprawling property with ease.
Additional features in all retreats include; complimentary room mini-bar, daily housekeeping, optional climate control, complimentary laundry service, wi-fi, binoculars, yoga mats, music system (with MP3 input) and a safe. There are no TVs in any of the room types.
With views overlooking the sparkling weir and the majestic Mount Mulligan, these stunning rooms are perfect for couples or people traveling as a duo. The rooms provide luxury in a laid-back and modern Australian style.
Room Size: 54 sq.m
Outdoor space: 28 sq.m.
With views overlooking the sparkling weir and the majestic Mount Mulligan, these stunning retreats are perfect for couples looking for some extra space to unwind or for those with an additional guest. The rooms provide luxury in a laid-back and modern Australian style.
Room space: 88 sq.m.
Outdoor space: 46 sq.m.
With views overlooking the sparkling weir and the majestic Mount Mulligan, these stunning pavilions are designed with families and groups in mind.
Room space: 142 sq.m.
Outdoor space: 74 sq.m.
About Mount Mulligan Lodge
The recently built luxury outback lodge is the latest addition to the collection of uniquely Australian luxe lodges and camps. Mt Mulligan Lodge offers modern laid-back luxury in the untamed and rugged outback environment of North Queensland. The generous proportions of the tranquil lodge are mirrored in the surrounding landscape, in the immense 18-kilometre long sandstone escarpment of Mount Mulligan, the vast outback sky and the eucalyptus woodlands stretching to the horizon. Guests are immersed in the region’s rich gold and coal rush history through daily excursions. Experiences include a 4WD safari to one of the country’s most productive historical goldmines, demonstration of Australia’s oldest operating gold crusher, exploration of the historic Mount Mulligan coal mine and abandoned township, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) adventures and guided nature walks. Activities include fishing for Barramundi, stargazing, sunset drinks overlooking the escarpment, scenic helicopter flights, wildlife spotting, signature dining and chef-prepared gourmet picnic hampers.