A boutique, sustainably focused lodge, 150 km’s North West of Cairns. Nestled on a heritage estate dominated by Mount Mulligan, rising above the outback plains of a working cattle station. The lodge overlooks a sparkling weir, with all inclusive luxury accommodation.
Image credit: Mt Mulligan Lodge
- Stay 5 pay 4 offer - Enjoy a complimentary night when you stay five nights on Orpheus.
- Champagne on arrival for a minimum 4 nights stay.
- 10% special discounted rate is non-refundable.
- Reservation must be made before 31st August 2020.
- Travel period from 11th October 2020 – 12th December 2020 for stay 5 pay 4 offer.
- Travel period from 10th July 2020 – 31st March 2021 for champagne on arrival offer.
- Blackout period: 18th September 2020 – 11th October 2020 and 18th December 2020 – 3rd January 2021.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the property's discretion.
Offers & Booking
Stay 5 Pay 4 Offer
Travel period: 11th October 2020 – 12th December 2020.
Rates for 5 nights start from $6,800 based on twin share in an Outback Suite.
- Enjoy a complimentary night when you stay five nights.
- All gourmet meals daily
- Complimentary inclusion of selected Australian wines, spirits, beers and soft drinks
- A swag of outback experiences – ATV adventures, sunset drinks, tour of historic Mount Mulligan township and coal mine, 4WD safari to Tyrconnell Gold Mine, guided nature walks
- Your own electric buggy to explore the lodge with ease
- Unlimited use of paddle boards, kayaks and light fishing gear
*Subject to availability at the time of booking.
Champagne on arrival Offer
Travel period: 10th July 2020 – 31st March 2021.
*Minimum 4 nights stay. Reservation must be booked before 31st August 2020. Blackout period: 18th September 2020 – 11th October 2020 and 18th December 2020 – 3rd January 2021. Subject to availability at the time of booking.
COVID-19 POLICY STATEMENT & TRAVEL ADVISORY
In line with the Australian Government’s announcement restricting all non-essential services due to the evolving situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have been forced to close Mt Mulligan Lodge effective from 23 March 2020.
Now taking intrastate bookings from 13 June 2020 and domestic bookings from 10 July 2020 (subject to Queensland borders opening).
*Rates are subject to availability and changes without notice. Rate are based on the lowest available and may differ at time of booking. Other travel dates may be available at an additional cost.
Rates maybe subject to change due to Exchange Rate fluctuations. Use currency converter as a GUIDE ONLY.
For more information and other conditions please confirm with our Travel Specialists at time of booking.
The lodge accommodates just 16 guests in spacious guest retreats that complement the landscape and offer a luxurious and charming take on pastoral living. Each retreat is a sanctuary overlooking a eucalyptus-fringed weir and views of the ever-changing moods of Mount Mulligan.
The spacious retreats are contemporary and luxurious; yet retain a raw external charm with their spotted gum timber cladding, pitched roofs and deep verandahs. Inside, the earthy-tones of the plush linen, sisal rugs and lavish leather furniture give a rich sense of place, mirroring the hues found in the landscape outside. With its dark grey stone tiles and bronze fittings, the ensuite bathroom is both luxurious and calming. Slide open the glass and timber doors onto your private deck to run a deep outdoor bath, offering uninterrupted views of the Northern Queensland outback.
The spacious retreats are made for flexibility: the Outback Room is perfect for those travelling individually or as a duo, while the Outback Suite, with its adjoining lounge room, is ideal for those looking for additional space to unwind. The lounge is spacious, with a cosy wood-burning fire and private deck. The Outback Pavilion is the ultimate getaway for families and groups, with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a communal lounge. One of the pavilions is wheelchair accessible and guests are assigned their own electric buggy to explore the sprawling property with ease.
Additional features in all retreats include; complimentary room mini-bar, daily housekeeping, optional climate control, complimentary laundry service, wi-fi, binoculars, yoga mats, music system (with MP3 input) and a safe. There are no TVs in any of the room types.
With views overlooking the sparkling weir and the majestic Mount Mulligan, these stunning rooms are perfect for couples or people traveling as a duo. The rooms provide luxury in a laid-back and modern Australian style.
Room Size: 54 sq.m
Outdoor space: 28 sq.m
Luxurious king bed or twin beds available
Your own electric buggy
With views overlooking the sparkling weir and the majestic Mount Mulligan, these stunning retreats are perfect for couples looking for some extra space to unwind or for those with an additional guest. The rooms provide luxury in a laid-back and modern Australian style.
Room space: 88 sq.m
Outdoor space: 46 sq.m
Your own electric buggy
With views overlooking the sparkling weir and the majestic Mount Mulligan, these stunning pavilions are designed with families and groups in mind.
Room space: 142 sq.m
Outdoor space: 74 sq.m
Shared lounge area
Outdoor bathtubs and your own electric buggies
About Mount Mulligan Lodge
The recently built luxury outback lodge is the latest addition to the collection of uniquely Australian luxe lodges and camps.
Mt Mulligan Lodge offers modern laid-back luxury in the untamed and rugged outback environment of North Queensland. The generous proportions of the tranquil lodge are mirrored in the surrounding landscape, in the immense 18-kilometre long sandstone escarpment of Mount Mulligan, the vast outback sky and the eucalyptus woodlands stretching to the horizon.
Guests are immersed in the region’s rich gold and coal rush history through daily excursions. Experiences include a 4WD safari to one of the country’s most productive historical goldmines, demonstration of Australia’s oldest operating gold crusher, exploration of the historic Mount Mulligan coal mine and abandoned township, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) adventures and guided nature walks.
Activities include fishing for Barramundi, stargazing, sunset drinks overlooking the escarpment, scenic helicopter flights, wildlife spotting, signature dining and chef-prepared gourmet picnic hampers.