Located near the tropical shores of Noosa River, Makepeace Island is a safe, secure, luxury island with a family feel. Formerly Sir Richard Branson’s private retreat, this tranquil retreat is now open to the public for private and exclusive hire.
The destination combines modern contemporary living with a tropical island feel. Sleeping up to 20 guests with full-service staff, Makepeace makes for the perfect location for a getaway or corporate retreat.
Offers & Booking
Makepeace Island Exclusive Use
Prices are per room based on 8 people sharing for 1 night
Weekday use from $13,200
Weekend use from $18,000
Extra guest additions from $550
Max occupancy is 20 guests. Pricing is approximate, please contact our Travel Specialist Team for more details.
- Exclusive use of Makepeace Island for up to 20 guests.
- Full access to all island facilities such as 500,000 litre pool, 15-seater spa, tennis court, gymnasium, walking trails, kayaking, and paddling boarding.
- 3 luxury master villas, 4-bedroom Island House, Boathouse.
- Full-service staff including your own chef, skipper and host.
- Twice daily housekeeping.
Terms and conditions
- Minimum 2 nights required.
- Additional tariff over weekends.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the property's discretion.
*Rates are subject to availability and may change without notice. Rates are based on the lowest available and may differ at time of booking. For additional room types and further information on terms and conditions, please confirm with our Travel Specialists at time of booking.
Exclusive use of Makepeace Island includes 3 oversized luxury villas, 4 spacious rooms in the Island House and our unique Boathouse. Each room and villa has been designed for privacy, comfort and relaxation.
Makepeace Island features 3 luxurious villas offering seclusion and privacy to guests – linked to the main entertaining areas by wooden boardwalks. The villa’s master bedroom opens to a large outdoor deck with breathtaking garden or water views. Each features a spacious bathroom, with a stunning carved volcanic boulder bath, a second twin / king bedroom and a large dressing room. The spectacular entry foyer of each villa features a waterfall and fishpond.
THE ISLAND HOUSE
The Island House is our 4-bedroomed wing attached to the main entertaining area. Each room features hand carved Balinese furnishing, ensuite and private deck providing a relaxed, barefoot luxury feel. Bedrooms can be either king or twin beds.
Our Boathouse is positioned right on the river with uninterrupted views of the Northshore. This gorgeous first floor bedroom with ensuite has a waterfront balcony to enjoy stunning sunrise and sunsets over the water in your own private world.
About Makepeace Island
Makepeace Island was named after former resident and colourful local character Hannah “Shotgun” Makepeace. In 2009, Makepeace Island was developed as a private retreat for family and friends of the owners, Sir Richard Branson and Virgin Australia co-founder Brett Godfrey. In July 2011 its doors were opened for exclusive use hire allowing others to enjoy the tranquility of this very special place. In 2018 Radek Sali, Chair and Founder of Light Warrior, an investment group that invests in businesses that are socially responsible & environmentally conscious, became the third joint Owner. Prominent Queensland business entrepreneurs and philanthropists Cathie Reid & Stuart Giles, co-founders of the Icon Cancer Care Group and the Epic Good Foundation accepted an invitation to join the Makepeace Ownership family in late 2019.
Makepeace Island combines modern contemporary living with traditional tropical island design creating a tranquil environment that is in complete harmony with nature. Our latest refurbishment in 2018 was overseen by June Robinson Scott, interior designer for Necker Island and The Branson Estate, Moskito Island.
At Makepeace Island we act as custodians of this pristine environment and seek to minimise our footprint on the environment. Organic produce, our own chickens and beehives, vegan friendly amenities, recycling and a wastewater purification system. Our farm to table concept is at the heart of everything we do. Our produce and amenities sourced regionally to support the local community and we work with partners who practice the same degree of commitment to long term sustainability goals.