Enjoy private beaches and secluded tropical luxury on 1013 hectares of national park. Snorkel the inner and outer reefs and explore the island with many hikes and nature walks to enjoy. Revitalise at the Essentia Day Spa and sample the daily seasonal menu sourced from Tropical North Queensland.
Image credit: Lizard Island Resort Mark Fitzpatrick
Offers & Booking
Family Time on Lizard Island
26 June to 11 July 2021
Gardenview Rooms from $2,029 per night
Gardenview Villas from $2,255 per night
Oceanview Villas from $2,749 per night
Oceanview Plunge Pool Villas from $2,995 per night
Beachfront Suites from $3,149 per night
The Pavilion from $5,249 per night
The Villa from $6,299 per night
Enjoy an abundant BBQ dinner experience from the comfort of your Pavilion for an additional $700.
Available for selected rooms. Minimum 48 hours notice required.
Special Amenities and Facilities
- Various dining options (enquire for more)
- Travelers cheque facilities
- Guest facsimile facilities
- Book and games library
- Island boutique
- First aid clinic
- Freshwater swimming pool
- Tennis court – night and day, equipment supplied
- Daily laundry service – unfortunately, no dry cleaning service is available
- The Essentia Day Spa offering a range of massages, facials and other body treatments
- Disabled facilities
- Safety deposit facilities
Prices are based on a mid-week stay during 26 June to 11 July 2021.
- Luxury accommodation.
- Gourmet meals.
- Unlimited non-alcoholic beverages.
- Fine selection of wine, beer, basic spirits and sparkling wine.
- Your own in-room mini bar, restocked daily.
- Deluxe picnic hampers for private beach outings.
- Access to a motorised dinghy to explore the many beaches.
- Stand up paddle boards.
- Clearview sea kayaks.
- Snorkelling gear for the duration of your stay.
Terms and conditions
- Children 3 years and older allowed during this selected holiday period (Lizard Island normally caters for children 10 years and older).
- Weekend Surcharges may apply.
- Dates and deals are based on 26 June 2021 - 11 July 2021.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the property's discretion.
*Rates are subject to availability and may change without notice. Rates are based on the lowest available and may differ at time of booking. For additional room types and further information on terms and conditions, please confirm with our Travel Specialists at time of booking.
Lizard Island Accommodation – The Pavilion
Lizard Island Accommodation – The Pavilion
Sunset Point Villa Interior
Sunset Point Villas are set high on Sunset Ridge amongst native eucalyptus bushland. Providing filtered sea views over Anchor Bay or Sunset Beach, these Villas offer privacy and easy access to a string of secluded beaches. Each Villa has a private deck with comfortable Australian timber squatter chairs and a hammock. Inside, the mix of colours and textures creates a calm retreat with the surrounding coastal bushland the inspiration for the understated and elegant design.
Set in a broad sweeping arc along Anchor Bay, with easy access to the main Lodge, Anchor Bay Suites offer captivating sea views and each has a pathway leading directly to the beach. Seamlessly blending indoors and out in an elegant and spacious open plan design, a large verandah with daybed is one of the many designer comforts.
Located in a tropical garden setting with easy access to Anchor Bay and the beach, Anchor Bay Rooms have a private balcony with hammock. Interiors are compact but comfortable. Family Rooms offer two separate sleeping areas.
About Lizard Island Resort
A unique holiday on the Great Barrier Reef’s northernmost island – the Lizard Island Resort.
This Lizard Island Accommodation is truly secluded from the rest of the world. With 24 powdery-white beaches and 40 luxurious suites, it is the most northern resort in tropical Queensland and is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef.
A National Park covering 1,013 hectares with 24 sandy beaches and a lagoon, Lizard Island is accessible only by private charter from Cairns Airport in northern Queensland, Australia. Cairns Airport is accessible from all major Australian airports and directly from some cities in Asia.
The island is reserved for the fortunate few who will experience an unforgettable holiday like no other. Enjoy secluded picnics and sunset beach degustation on private beaches, five-star cuisine in the beautiful Salt Water restaurant and indulgent spa treatments in the Essential Day Spa. Relax in style in premium Lizard Island accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef – right on your doorstep.
One of Australia‘s natural treasures
Here, at the Lizard Island Resort, you can snorkel off a secluded beach to discover a garden of giant clams, many a metre long and some reputed to be over 120 years old. And there are 23 more soft, powdery white beaches just waiting to be explored. Lizard Island Accommodation is renowned for its diving. At the world famous ‘Cod Hole’, you’ll come face to face with a massive yet curious Potato Cod swimming right up to inspect you with child-like curiosity.
There are many magnificent walks, and on at least one you can expect to glimpse a Monitor, the lizard after which the island was named. Healthy appetites are then rewarded with superb dining – fresh local produce prepared with European and Asian influence.
You’ll find all meals and most activities are included in the tariff and although remote, access is easy.
- Catamarans, paddle skis & sailboards
- Glass bottom boat trips
- Motorised dinghies
- Snorkelling equipment and lessons
- Tennis – day & night (equipment supplied)
- Picnic hampers for beachside lunches
- Self-guided island walks and nature trails
Other Activities (charges apply)
- Diving and snorkelling trips to the inner or outer Reef
- Diving tuition – limited
- Night diving
- Full or half day private game fishing on MV Corcoran (Black Marlin season is from September to November)
- Pavilion Spa treatments
- Research station tours
- Lizard Island Dive & Fishing Charters
This open verandah restaurant overlooks the beach and ocean in an intimate setting for a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lizard cuisine showcases the finest local produce with the emphasis on local seafood, lush tropical fruits, premium product and the diversity of cultures that have shaped the Australian food scene. The menu changes daily, while guests are welcome to request special dishes. Gourmet picnic hampers for beachside outings are available on request daily. Please advise of any special dietary needs in advance.
The essence of Lizard Island is infused in every spa treatment at the Azure Spa. The Island’s timeless beauty, its pristine white sands and tranquil clear blue waters are at once the inspiration and foundation of many of its signature treatments. The Azure Spa offers a range of treatments that fuse ancient secrets and essential elements with therapies designed to provide total harmony between health, beauty and nature.
Each therapy is a blend of marine and other natural elements designed to balance the physical and emotional body and refresh the mind and spirit.
Lizard Island Climate
The Lizard Island Resort enjoys a luxurious tropical climate, with an an average year-round temperature of approximately 27 degrees Celsius (80 degrees Fahrenheit).
Regular flights are available from all major Australian capital cities to Lizard Island via Cairns with Qantas and Virgin Blue.
Hinterland Aviation operates the connecting flights between Cairns and Lizard Island, flights take approximately 60 minutes. If you would prefer a transfer to meet your schedule, charter flights can be organised.
Cairns to Lizard 11am, 2pm
Return: 12.30pm, 15.25pm