An expansive property to explore, offering endless activities and scapes to relax. Enjoy a hit of tennis, a stroll by the lake or recharge in the Argyle Library Bar. The gardens are filled with sculptures from top artists and outdoor terraces, with native flora and abundant wildlife. The renowned onsite restaurant offers a seasonal menu, adapted to the freshest produce, much of which is grown on The Lake House’s very own Dairy Flat Farm. Rustic countryside interiors await within the suites, and the spa offers the perfect chance to pamper yourself.
Image credit: Lake House Daylesford
Offers & Booking
Daylesford Mini Break – Three Night Stay Package
From $2,606 for Two Adults in a Lodge Studio
From $2,906 for Two Adults in a Waterfront Pool Studio
From $3,354 for Two Adults in a Lodge Suite
From $3,774 for Two Adults in a Waterfront Suite
Three nights’ accommodation
Four-course a la carte dinner in the Two Chefs Hats Lake House Restaurant on two nights
A sumptuous dinner in your studio or suite on one night complete with cocktails, three courses, sides & wine
Complimentary on-demand in-room movies
- Three nights accommodation at Lake House Daylesford.
- Daily breakfast
- Four-course a la carte dinner in the Two Chefs Hats Lake House Restaurant on Two Nights.
- A sumptuous dinner in your studio or suite on one night complete with cocktails, three courses, sides & wine.
- Complimentary on-demand in-room movies.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Terms and conditions
- Minimum Stay of 3 Nights required.
- Rates are Per Room for 3 Nights based on Two Adults in July 2021
- Covid-19 - Bookings affected by Covid-19 travel restrictions (including border closures, lockdowns & isolation regulations) will be issued a credit to rebook their stay within a 12 month period.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the property's discretion.
*Rates are subject to availability and may change without notice. Rates are based on the lowest available and may differ at time of booking. For additional room types and further information on terms and conditions, please confirm with our Travel Specialists at time of booking.
Ideal for 2 – 4 guests – The Retreat is a secluded luxury Country House within the grounds of Lake House. Drawing on the architectural elements and village-like cluster of the surrounding property, two beautifully appointed bedrooms have adjacent walk-through dressing rooms and magnificent ensuites feature deep baths and separate generous showers.
With prime position overlooking the lagoon and the shores of Lake Daylesford – each suite features superior king beds, plush sofa, with locally sourced Merino Wool throws, textured armchairs, and soft furnishings in chartreuse, citron, champagne gold, and mustard yellows. Suites feature original artwork from resident artist Allan Wolf-Tasker’s onsite studio. A stone-topped bar is stocked with regionally sourced sips and nibbles, Salus Spa’s own sparkling mineral water, Nespresso Coffee machines. Ensuites have dual showers, double spa baths, and heated bathroom floors. Flat-screen televisions with a selection of cable channels, iPod docking stations, and free in-room wifi access are all at your fingertips.
These picturesque rooms complete with balconies overlook lake Daylesford. They have a king bed, plush sofa, and armchair with botanical prints. Provincial style chairs and desk are set beneath a collection of local historic photographs, prints, and original artwork from Resident Artist Allan Wolf-Tasker’s on site studio. Flat-screen televisions with a selection of cable channels, iPod docking stations, and free wifi are all at your fingertips. The contemporary ensuite includes dual shower.
Individually configured and decorated rooms nestled between private courtyards, gardens, and terraces – clustered around a stylishly appointed and comfortable lounge complete with billiard table and open fire.
About Lake House
Lake House is a tranquil retreat that includes rooms and suites in either a waterfront or lodge setting. Six acres of abundant and fruitful gardens extend down to the waters of Lake Daylesford and provide guests with access to the lakes shore and the Wombat State Forest beyond.
Guests are given the opportunity to explore the grounds and will come upon the Kitchen Garden planted out with herbs and edible flowers. Orchard areas include olives, crabapple, stone fruits, apple, and quince. The earliest plantings of stringy barks, Yunnan and Lombardy poplars, and pin oaks now form a canopy over the site and are populated with rosellas, currajongs, gang gangs, cockatoos, and kookaburras.
A myriad of sculptures and artwork from some of the region’s top artists are dotted around the garden. Extensive outdoor lakefront terraces, or quieter nooks like the pavilion overlooking the full-sized tennis court offer the opportunity for a quiet drink or the pleasure of a leisurely peruse of the papers. A large lounge with an open fire, billiards, and a good selection of reading materials, is a popular destination in cooler weather. A DVD library of classic favourites affords additional opportunities to cocoon and relax indoors.