- Sailing On The Weddell Sea
- Multiple departures 18Nov20-28Jan21
- 10 nights
- Multiple arrivals from 28Nov20 to 07Feb21
- Cruise Only
- Ushuaia, Crossing The Drake Passage, Neko Harbor, Paradise Bay, Pléneau Island, Port Charcot, Port Lockroy, Deception Island, Sailing On The Weddell Sea
PONANT proposes an exceptional expedition cruise into the heart of the Antarctic Peninsula’s ice floes. Set sail on an unforgettable 11-day journey aboard Le Soléal and fall for the charms of the dreamlike landscapes, inhabited by rich and uncommon wildlife.
In Neko Harbour, a magnificent bay surrounded by mountains and ice, you will perhaps be lucky enough to see seals, whales, leopard seals and gentoo penguins.
On Pleneau Island, you’ll be amused by the original gait of the gentoo penguins going about their daily lives with a backdrop of magnificent icebergs. Don’t miss out on the visit to nearby Port Charcot. Jean-Baptiste Charcot, the famous French explorer who led many polar expeditions at the beginning of the 20th century, gave this name to the island as a tribute to his father.
Your ship will then head north before arriving on the volcanic Deception Island, which was long an emblematic whaling site. Its sheltered bay also served as a refuge for sailors during heavy storms.
Before you return to Ushuaia, Le Soléal will clear a path through the impressive tabletop icebergs of the Weddell Sea, leaving you with an unforgettable memory of your Antarctic crossing.
Subject to ice and weather conditions. The expedition highlights and itineraries described above illustrate possible experiences only and cannot be guaranteed.
- New: explore the magic of Antarctica with a sea kayak adventure. Led by experienced, State-Certified kayak guides, you will skim the water’s surface amid the ice. Full professional equipment is provided, including tamdem kayak, carbon paddle, full-body drysuit, lifejacket, AIS beacon. For more information and to book your kayak tours, please contact your cruise advisor.
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac® inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides.
- Hiking opportunity: Neko Harbour, Port Charcot, Port Lockroy, Deception Island.
- Visiting research stations and former whaling stations.
- Landscapes: a multitude of drifting icebergs, ice floe, imposing icebergs, tall snow-covered mountains.
- Wildlife: Gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins, Minke and humpback whales, Weddell seals, sea leopards and sea birds.
- Educational discovery in the respect of environment.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the property's discretion.
Departures & Rates
|Prestige Deck 4||
|Prestige Deck 5||
|Prestige Deck 6||
|Prestige Deck 5 Suite||
|Prestige Deck 6 Suite||
* All prices quoted are PER PERSON in Australian Dollars and include taxes, fees and port expenses (if applicable). All prices quoted are for the cruise departing on 18Nov20. Prices for alternative departure dates may vary.
|Day||Destination||Arrival Date/Time||Departure Date/Time|
|2||Crossing The Drake Passage||06/01/2019||00:00||06/01/2019||00:00|
|3||Crossing The Drake Passage||07/01/2019||00:00||07/01/2019||00:00|
|5||Port Charcot, Booth Island||09/01/2019||00:00||09/01/2019||00:00|
|6||Port Lockroy, Goudier Island||10/01/2019||00:00||10/01/2019||00:00|
|7||Deception Island, South Shetland Islands||11/01/2019||00:00||11/01/2019||00:00|
|8||Sailing On The Weddell Sea||12/01/2019||00:00||12/01/2019||00:00|
|9||Crossing The Drake Passage||13/01/2019||00:00||13/01/2019||00:00|
|10||Crossing The Drake Passage||14/01/2019||00:00||14/01/2019||00:00|
A sleek silhouette, a welcoming intimate atmosphere, discover aboard this new ship the philosophy that has made L’AUSTRAL and LE BORéAL such a success: the spirit of Yacht Cruises.
Sailing under the French flag, this magnificent yacht of only 132 staterooms and Suites, with balconies, will join the fleet in June 2013. You will be enchanted by the contemporary decor inspired by the luxury yachting world, with fluid lines and a modern colour scheme combining natural wood with shades of grey and white.
A refined ambiance is enhanced by the quality of the workmanship and materials: white Corian counters in the lobby contrast with the warmth of leather to recall a boat’s hull, while the central sculpture of enamelled pieces takes its inspiration from the sea. In the loungebar, the carpet picks up a tennis stripe theme symbolising a certain idea of cruising, one synonymous with French elegance and a chic seaside spirit.
Ponant is a French cruise ship operator. It was founded in April 1988 by Philippe Videau, Jean-Emmanuel Sauvé, and other officers of the French Merchant Navy and launched the first French cruise ship.