Bill peach journeys presents a fully inclusive tour of Easter celebration and discovery. Explore the delights of the fertile Tasmanian soil, and experience the crisp and refreshing air as you gaze upon some of the most beautiful natural landscapes in the world. Enjoy a seaside stay in the city of Hobart at Australia’s first dedicated art hotel! Journey to the village of Richmond, a town full of history in the coal river valley region. Here you can see Australia’s oldest bridge and catholic church. For the easter feast, you’ll taste delicious fresh food and wine from across the state, before settling in to your accommodation, resting on 9 hectares of waterfront serenity at Stewarts Bay Lodge. Highlights include the world heritage listed waterways of Port Arthur, a tour of the Museum of Old and New Art, The Huon Valley and the charming town of Cygnet.
- Three Nights Accommodation in the Award-Winning Henry Jones Art Hotel
- Two Nights Accommodation at Stewarts Bay Lodge
- Hobart Tours, to name a few Barilla Bay Oyster Farm, Cruise on the River Derwent across to MONA & lots more
- Private Tour at the Coast House
- Touring UNESCO World Heritage Site Port Arthur Lavender Farm
- Celebrate Easter! Eat a lovely seafood dinner on Good Friday & a special lunch Easter Sunday at the Award-Winning Frogmore Winery
- All Meals Including
- No Single Supplement Surcharge
- Subject to availability.
- Maximum Group Size is up to 15 Guest.
- Flights from your home port to Hobart are not included in the journey price. If you require flights to and from Hobart, we can provide you with a quote on airfares and pre and post tour accommodation in Hobart.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to cover you against such things as personal illness or accident, cancellation, loss of baggage etc. Please make sure you carry a copy of your Travel Insurance policy with you at all times.
Arrive in Hobart and unpack at the Henry Jones Art Hotel. An award winning hotel, dedicated to showcase and celebrating artists and their work. Explore the city at your leisure and enjoy the facilities before meeting your journey director for a delicious welcome dinner where you have to opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers.
Soak up some Australian history, visiting the Cascades Female Factory Historic Site. A significant site, where female convicts were sent to be removed from the ‘negative influences’ of Hobart during the 1800’s. Tour the Barilla Oyster farm, and celebrate Good Friday with a scrumptious feast of locally sourced Seafood.
Visit the famous Salamanca markets, browsing an endless array of stalls offering crafts, food and artwork. Venture to Richmond, a historic town which is filled with historic landmarks including the oldest remaining bridge in Australia. Stop in at Kate Hill Wines and Home Hill wines, for some wine tastings followed by lunch, and journey to Cygnet, the heart of the Huon Valley and a destination for fresh fruit produce. Later in the afternoon, venture to Coast House, a stunningly architectural boutique property perched on its own private peninsula.
There will be an opportunity to see the historic Port Arthur, or attend an Easter Sunday service. Then take the ferry to the Museum of Old and New Art, surrounded by scenic vineyards. Lunch amongst the vines at Frogmore Winery before journeying to Stewart’s Bay Lodge to take in the incredible scenery surrounding tonight’s accommodation.
Frolic thorough the aesthetic fields of the Port Arthur Lavender Farm, and take in the scent of kilometres of brilliant lavender fields. Explore the ruins and restored houses of Port Arthur, a world heritage listed site. Enjoy lunch at Port Arthur before returning to the lodge for a farewell dinner.
Depart Hobart via airport transfer after enjoying breakfast at the lodge.
Image Credits – Alistar Bett, Chris Phelps, Tourism Tasmania, Henry Jones Hotel, Chris Crerar, Rob Mulally, Tourism Australia and Stewart’s Bay Lodge
Departures & Rates
Easter in Tasmania
Bill Peach Journeys
Duration: 6 Days Departs: Hobart, 01 April 2021 Returns: 06 April 2021
Pricing: from $5,950 per person & FREE Single Supplement
Max Group Size: 15 Pax Activity Level: Easy Going
Henry Jones Art Hotel
Stewarts Bay Lodge