- King George Falls. Wyndham
- Multiple departures 08May21-21Aug21
- 7 nights
- Multiple arrivals from 15May21 to 28Aug21
- Australia & New Zealand
- True North
- Cruise Only
- Broome, Montgomery Reef, Horizontal Falls, Prince Regent River, Hunter River, Mitchell River, King George Falls. Wyndham
For those pressed for time – here is the flagship Kimberley Ultimate itinerary condensed into a single week voyage! The Snapshot itinerary features several Kimberley icons including the King George Falls, the Hunter River, the Prince Regent River, Montgomery Reef and the Horizontal Waterfalls.
- Award winning Australian cruise; Australia's cruisers choice award for 2020.
- Features several Kimberley icons including the King George Falls, the Hunter River, the Prince Regent River, Montgomery Reef and the Horizontal Waterfalls.
- All inclusive of food and activities; such as fishing, mud crabbing, collecting oysters and sunset drinks on the beach.
- Limited to 36 passengers for a truly amazing and intimate experience.
- True North, as an expedition ship, is able to explore shallow coastal waters and river systems - in the Sepik River for example we ventures more than 100 nautical miles from the ocean!
- 6 dedicated luxury adventure boats.
- Very limited availability for 2021.
- This itinerary is provided as example only – prevailing conditions, local arrangements and indeed, what we discover on the day, may cause variation.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the property's discretion.
Your “welcome aboard” the magnificent TRUE NORTH is in the pearling port of Broome. Embarkation is at 1700 – time for a cocktail with your fellow adventurers before departing at approximately 1830. Dinner is served shortly after leaving port for the overnight cruise to Yampi Sound.
Awake to the majestic Kimberley and savour an irresistible TRUE NORTH breakfast as we glide past Cockatoo and Koolan Islands – our attentive crew will be happy to introduce the colourful histories of both! Then it’s time to ‘personally’ introduce you to a Kimberley icon – The Horizontal Falls.
Experience the awesome power of the region’s huge tidal range in an exhilarating tender ride and then climb aboard your air conditioned helicopter for a view of the falls that very few experience!
Take a refreshing swim and then walk on the squeaky white sands of Silica Beach. Or join one of the adventure boats on a sightseeing expedition to Whirlpool Pass, an aptly named further demonstration of the Kimberley’s powerful tides.
Before you know it, your first day onboard will be coming to an end – but there’s still time to select a fine wine and to enjoy a leisurely evening meal as we cruise to Doubtful Bay.
This morning is devoted to exploring the Sale River. Join naturalists and adventurers alike as we ‘ride the tide’ on a classic river expedition! For those who can’t wait one minute longer, the mouth of the Sale offers the first opportunity to ‘land a barra’! Or, take-off for a heli-fishing adventure to a rarely fished spot where the fresh meets the salt!
Enjoy lunch as we weigh anchor and cruise for another Kimberley icon – Montgomery Reef! Montgomery is a unique eco-system that must be seen to be believed – and see it you will – as 140 square miles of coral reef rises out of the ocean right before your very eyes! Water cascades from the reef as the tide falls exposing a privileged glimpse of another world! Turtles, dugong, crocodiles and every imaginable sea creature abound and the helicopter puts all in perspective!
The scenery will astound and there are some not-to-be-missed fishing spots as the TRUE NORTH graces the majestic Prince Regent River. This morning’s target species include delectable mangrove jack and fingermark bream. At King Cascade we will manoeuvre the TRUE NORTH right under the falls. Then it’s time for more ‘adventure in the tender’ – a chance to stretch the laces on your hiking boots and an opportunity to swim in yet another picture perfect billabong, or perhaps you’d like to venture further upriver to visit the spectacular ‘Amphitheatre’ waterfall. The helicopter will be popular again when the first group of intrepid explorers returns from Jurassic Park!
If you think the Regent was good – wait till you see the Hunter! With stunning red cliffs set behind rainforest and mangroves – the Hunter River is yet another awesome setting for fishing, mud crabbing, bird watching and just simply exploring!
Enjoy an exhilarating hike to the hidden Jackson Falls and there’s even more splendour from the helicopter! Hopefully we’ll have time for a sunset drink on Naturaliste Island before an overnight cruise to Vansittart Bay.
Today there will be an opportunity to see the “Bradshaws” – ancient rock art that pre-dates other examples of Aboriginal culture. In fact, they are possibly the oldest ‘paintings’ known to man. Vansittart Bay also has a reputation for producing monster mackerel! The heli-picnic at Eagle Falls is always a ‘big hit’ – enjoy a sumptuous picnic lunch amidst breathtaking scenery. The tenders will also be busy exploring the local beaches and creeks. Overnight we cruise to Koolama Bay.
Yet another mighty Kimberley river – The King George! As soon as the tide is high enough, we’ll cross the sand bars at the mouth to reveal even more breathtaking river vista. Then our journey upstream will take us to the very ‘jewel in the crown’ – The King George Falls. Here we anchor at the base of the Twin Falls and you will find endless places to explore. Climb, or take the helicopter, to the top of the falls for a cruise highlight. Just the thought of leaving this magnificence will inspire mutiny! Learn about the bombing of a state-ship during WWII, then take a stroll at Tranquil Bay before we continue onto the frontier port of Wyndham.
Your courtesy coach will arrive at approximately 0800 hours for transfer to Kununurra and your crew will already be looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you aboard the mighty TRUE NORTH!
Departures & Rates
Due to limited availability, these prices are subject to availability and change.
Helicopter flights can be purchased additional to the indicated tariff as a package or individually.
The True North features the ultimate in comfort and style! Passenger numbers are limited (36) and an Australian crew (20) provides personalised service. The ship is purpose built for accessing shallow river systems and offers several lavish vantage points including a sundeck, an observation lounge and a ship’s lounge/bar. Multiple expedition vessels take guests away in small groups to experience wilderness ‘up close’ and, the luxury of numerous tenders also means that everybody onboard gets to do “what they want, when they want"! And to add yet another dimension to adventure, the True North is the ONLY Kimberley vessel that features an onboard helicopter! With the ability to carry 6 passengers in air-conditioned comfort, the helicopter provides unique opportunity to witness grandeur; unique opportunity to fish billabongs that have never been fished; unique opportunity to discover your own wilderness! Fine dining is also featured onboard the True North.
Fishing, Heli Picnics, Rock Art Site Visits, Diving, Snorkelling, Heli Flights, Internet Cafe